The Lambert Lands Memorial is dedicated to thirty ex-slaves freed by slave holder Charles Lambert Jr. of Bedford County, Virginia, in his last will and testament. In 1843, the group migrated northward, crossed the Ohio River and settled on 365.5 acres in Morgan Township in Gallia County, Ohio. Gallia County had more than one major route for slaves to escape from the southern plantations in their quest for freedom. The Lambert Land is a communal property and served as the homestead for many families. Descendants of the Lambert Land settlers lived on the property until 1972.
Closes at dark.